The Product Analyst is a new role on our Data team, and will work to provide data-driven insights to Chope's Product team. They will have a key role in shaping how our products respond to user behaviour, and in shaping both the tactical and strategic decisions made.
The role requires someone with strong logic skills, with the ability to see a problem from multiple angles a key competency. Individuals with experience in data analytics for other mobile apps, or B2B SaaS products, will find plenty of synergy and similarities to their previous experiences.
- Develop and test hypotheses to inform product development
- Analyze funnel conversion, A/B test performance, and product features rollouts
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile data conflicts, and summarize complicated analysis in a clear way that informs business decisions
- Turn website analytics into meaningful product insights
- Exploring data to find actionable insights and make product recommendations through funnels, cohort analyses, long-term trends, user segmentation, regression models, and more
- Work towards building a data-driven culture across the company
Skills, Experience, and Traits
- 2-3 years experience in a data-driven role
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills, including structuring problems and developing hypotheses
- Superior written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with senior executives
- Fluency in SQL, as well as a deep understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- Power user of analytical tools (Tableau, Heap, Optimizely, Google Analytics, Excel, etc)
- Bonus points for experience with Python, R