The Head of Product Design reports directly to our VP of Product and is responsible for building, leading, and coaching our talented team of product designers.
Working closely with branding counterparts on the corporate marketing team, this leadership role will act as a brand custodian within the product team, and also actively engage stakeholders (including Product Managers and senior management) to achieve business goals via design.
- Build and develop a diverse team of product designers
- Provide leadership and direction within the product design function
- Engage with product managers to champion design considerations
- Evaluate tools and processes to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the product design team
- Work closely with the VP of Product to solidify a culture of design thinking within the company
- Work closely with corporate marketing to ensure that product design decisions are aligned with company branding guidelines
- Provide additional design support as and when needed
Experience & Skills
- Senior designer or at least 4-5 years' experience as a designer, in an established, app-driven tech company
- Understands leadership, management, and how to get the best out of people
- Results driven, preferably with an understanding of the OKR framework
- Strong logical, data-driven thought processes
- Self-motivated, responsible, and independent
- Excellent communication skills; able to achieve consensus and agreement between multiple stakeholders
While not necessary, if you're someone with a passion for food, and/or dining out, that'll be great too!