Here at TradeGecko, we’re building the world’s leading order and inventory management platform by redefining B2B commerce operations, connecting the global supply chain and making boring business software a thing of the past.
With our HQ in a converted shophouse in downtown Singapore, we have recently expanded our presence globally by opening an office in Toronto to service our large and expanding customer base in North America. Now we are growing the team further! Our Toronto Office is located downtown on the corner of Spadina and Queen West.
This is an opportunity to be one of the first product development employees in our North American office and be a core part of helping us build the next phase of our growth.
We’re always being asked how we've got such quick traction in the market and the answer is simply because we hire talented individuals. Hiring passionately inventive individuals, in order to complement our already talented Geckos, with even more talented Geckos, is a constant activity due to our fast growth.
Who Are We?
Our Geckos come from diverse backgrounds and places, with a wide variety of skills. We are passionate about our mission to enable Global Commerce and make our customers even more awesome.
We will surround you with the brightest, most capable and interesting of co-workers, and you will receive the hottest tools, access to a well-stocked pantry as well as the opportunity to develop in an organization that truly values personal and career development.
The TradeGecko culture is one of inclusivity where community/team spirit, continual improvement and learning as well as collaborative can-do attitude are some of our core values. We believe that everyone can learn and improve, and we want to provide you with the environment to do so.
Senior Software Engineer @ TradeGecko
You will be part of a close-knit team building and supporting software that is vital to the businesses of tens of thousands of people across the globe.
As a senior engineer you will:
- Tackle technical issues head on.
- Love elegant, readable and maintainable code.
- Enjoy mentoring, and appreciate the importance of growing the team around you.
- Lean towards execution, yet not be willing to compromise on quality.
- Strive to understand the business value and use cases of the user problems you are solving.
- Think about the performance implications and extensibility of the solutions you're involved with.
- Excellent software engineering skills with a number of years experience designing and building web and/or mobile applications, or distributed systems
- Strong technical mentoring and leadership skills
- A strong sense of craftsmanship
- Intermediate to advanced experience with one or more of the following:
- A Dynamic programming language and web application framework
- Ruby, Python, Rails, Django, etc.
- Experience in one or more relational database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, .. etc).
- Bonus points for working experience with:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Queueing systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, .. etc).
Don't fit everything on this list but still interested? We'd love to hear from you!!
- Be a founding member of our engineering team in our North American office.
- Work with an awesome team, in a fast growing startup where you can grow and contribute positively to how our customers run their businesses.
- Competitive Salary.
- Private Medical Insurance.
If you think you have what it takes to be the next Gecko, please apply now!