Corporate Affairs department maintains GO-JEK’s reputation and relationship vis-a-vis its external stakeholders to ensure business growth and sustainability. The team strategically communicates and advocates the company’s position through various media channels, activity platforms and partnership programs. As one of the two sub-divisions under Corporate Affairs, the Public Affairs team builds and implements continuous advocacy programs to augment public support on issues at the heart of GO-JEK’s community. These include entrepreneurship and MSMEs growth, financial inclusion, mobility and transportation, innovation and technology and the digital and flexible economy.
- Three to five years experience in public advocacy, corporate affairs, community relations, and/or similar field in Indonesia and other South East Asia countries.
- Degree qualified in international relations, political science, legal or related disciplines.
- Highly articulate in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Able to deliver quality tasks amid a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adapt and continually learn in a dynamic environment.
- Has basic understanding of stakeholders landscape surrounding transportation and payment industry.
- Identify and map key stakeholders relevant to issue at times.
- Develop compelling narratives to support GO-JEK advocacy objectives by leveraging GO-JEK’s data and insights.
- Produce thorough research and analysis to assist in the development of GO-JEK’s messages and narratives.
- Engage and liaise with internal and external stakeholders to gather actionable insight.
- Implement public affairs programs aimed to gather and maintain support from third-party stakeholders.
- Partner with other relevant divisions in GO-JEK to execute public affairs programs.
- Job level: mid-senior level/ manager
- Job category: public affairs
- Starting date: immediate
- Vacancy: 2 opening
- Office address: South Jakarta