Here at TradeGecko, we’re building the world’s leading order and inventory management platform by redefining B2B commerce operations, connecting the global supply chain and making boring business software a thing of the past.
With our HQ in a converted shophouse in downtown Singapore, we have recently expanded our presence globally by opening an office in Toronto to service our large and expanding customer base in North America. Now we are growing the team further!
Our Toronto Office is located downtown on the corner of Spadina and Queen West.
This is an opportunity to be one of the first product development employees in our North American office and be a core part of helping us build the next phase of our growth.
We’re always being asked how we've got such quick traction in the market and the answer is simple... we hire great talent. Hiring relentlessly resourceful individuals, people that make it their mission to help make our customers even more awesome.
Our Geckos come from a wide variety of backgrounds, with a wide variety of skills and are focused on our mission to enable Global Commerce and make our customers even more awesome.
Senior Ruby Engineer @ TradeGecko
You will be part of a close-knit team building and supporting software that is vital to the businesses of tens of thousands of people across the globe.
As a senior engineer you will:
- Tackle technical issues head on.
- Love elegant, readable and maintainable code.
- Enjoy mentoring, and appreciate the importance of growing the team around you.
- Lean towards execution, yet not be willing to compromise on quality.
- Strive to understand the business value and use cases of the user problems you are solving.
- Think about the performance implications and extensibility of the solutions you're involved with.
Who Are We?
TradeGecko is here for the long term and running a well-functioning team where everyone's contribution is recognized is one of our key goals. With this in mind we are seeking talented individuals with great potential who wish to realize it.
The TradeGecko culture is one of inclusivity where community/team spirit, continual improvement and learning as well as collaborative can-do attitude are some of our core values. We believe that everyone can learn and improve, and we want to provide you with the environment to do so.
Sounds interesting? Sounds Challenging? Sound like you?
- Excellent software engineering skills with a number of years experience designing and building scalable web applications and distributed systems, with some of these years spent using Ruby on a regular basis.
- Strong technical mentoring and leadership skills
- A strong sense of craftsmanship.
- Experience in one or more relational database (PostgreSQL, MySQL, .. etc).
- Bonus points for working experience with:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Background job servers (Sidekiq, Resque etc) or queueing systems (RabbitMQ, Kafka, .. etc)
Don't quite fit everything on this list but still interested? We'd still love to hear from you!!
- Be a founding member of our engineering team in our North American office.
- Work with a multi-national, multi-talented group of amazing people.
- Be in constant contact with smart and driven people who will take your career to the next level.
- Opportunity to shine - we make decisions together and we grow together.
- Be part of a fast growing company and fun startup culture that nurtures the entrepreneurial spirit and encourages everyone to be themselves.
If you think you have what it takes to be the next Gecko, please apply now!