Product Manager at Chope
The Chope Group is Asia's premier online restaurant reservations provider. With
a range of products to meet the varying needs of restaurateurs, Chope helps
restaurants use online booking channels, improve yield, and keep better track of
their clients' preferences. Chope’s website www.chope.co and apps help diners
discover the best and most popular restaurants, all while being able to make
reservations 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, from anywhere in the world. With
almost 2000 restaurants on the network and millions of diners seated, Chope is
committed to making restaurant dining and discovery easier than ever before.
We pride ourselves on a flexible and dynamic work environment that encourages
team-members to pursue diverse projects and tasks that suit their passions and
strengths. Our key employees come from a diverse range of backgrounds,
including consulting, engineering, hospitality, and technology.
We strongly believe in offering remuneration that is both competitive and fair to
the individuals we hire, and are looking for candidates that are interested in the
challenge and excitement of working in a start-up.
The Product Manager reports directly to our Head of Product, and will be a key
person in shaping our various products. Candidates will be an advocate of their
respective users within the company, and will work to design, build, and roll-out
products that aim to make interactions between diners and restaurants easier
than ever before.
The role requires a well-rounded skill set, with strong logic skills, the ability to
visualise the user journey, and a solid understanding of technology, particularly
in an app-driven company.
● Set out a vision, roadmap, and goals for Chope products (such as our
smartphone apps, web page, or e-commerce platform)
● Write detailed product specifications and manage project execution of
each product iteration
● Understand and communicate what works, what doesn't, and why to a
range of stakeholders
● Able to measure relevant platform metrics, and prioritise features based
on these metrics.
● Analyse data on user-behaviors via prototyping, A/B testing, and other
● Make data-driven design, feature, and improvement recommendations
Skills, Experience & Traits
● Effectively bilingual between English and Mandarin to communicate with
both a locally based product team, and a Mandarin-speaking offshore
● Analytical, detail-oriented, and conscientious
● Independent and result-driven mindset
● Able to meet tight deadlines and produce work with quick turnaround
● Experience with shipping features across various platforms (particularly
iOS, Android, and web)
● 2 years experience doing Product Management in a technology industry
● Experience in leading a team and cross-function collaboration
● Strong communication skills
● Technical or strong logical thinking skills
While not required, the following skills/experience will be favourably considered
● Existing user of the Chope app
● Passionate about the F&B Tech industry