Senior Supplier Quality Engineer at Zimplistic
Singapore City, SG
About the Role:
The Supplier Quality Engineer will be the technical liaison between purchasing, product engineering, manufacturing, and our supply base. In this role, the Supplier Quality Engineer will work with the suppliers to resolve supplier-manufacturing issues; implement and monitor advanced quality-planning systems, and provide technical support throughout the lifecycle of the product. This role will be located in our partner’s manufacturing site located in Johor Bahru.
1. Supplier Quality Management and Supplier process improvement:
● Evaluate existing and prospective suppliers with respect to production capability & quality processes and participate in approval/disapproval decision.
● Work with the supplier directly to create corrective action plans to address process failures.
● Review supplier manufacturing processes, collaborate with suppliers on process improvement and value enhancement opportunities.
● Regularly communicate with engineering teams to identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement.
● Maintain supplier performance metrics.
● Coordinate with Technical Support, Engineering, Manufacturing and Technical Support to ensure awareness to known purchased part or product quality issues
● Regularly conduct supplier visits
2. Support corrective action process:
● Participate in QMS meetings and present part or product quality issues.
● Perform or lead root cause analysis on part or product quality issues and work on the corrective action process.
● Communicate and instruct suppliers on the use of a corrective action process and quality tools & techniques.
● Work with suppliers in setting up process controls, data collection, failure analysis, corrective action and reporting (in every phase of manufacturing) for early detection and correction, continual improvement.
3. Support Supplier Qualifications and Disqualification
● Maintain supplier audit results.
● Identify repeat quality issues by supplier and maintain supplier quality
● Recommend suppliers for qualification and / or disqualification based upon quality performance.
● 7+ years of related experience dealing with consumer electronis industry,
● Understanding of quality and reliability systems and statistics
● Excellent communication, presentation & analytical skills
● Be able to work in a high paced environment
● Experience with Asian suppliers preferred
● Ability to travel 60-70% annually